Fish Creek, Wisconsin was first settled by Increase Claflin and his family in 1844. By 1853 loggers and fishermen started calling Fish Creek home and by the turn of the century (1900) tourists were starting to visit Fish Creek on a regular basis during the summer.
Things to do in Fish Creek, Wisconsin
Today Fish Creek has a fairly large art community and Peninsula State Park (3,776 acres & 8 miles of Door County shoreline). The main entrance to Peninsula State Park is located in the village of Fish Creek. The park welcomes an estimated 1 million Door County visitors annually. Within Peninsula State Park you will find Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, White Cedar Nature Center, Eagle Tower, Sunset Bike Trail, Peninsula Golf Course (18-holes), and the Northern Sky Theater formerly the American Folklore Theatre.
Fish Creek is a great place to rent a vacation home or a cabin. Downtown Fish Creek offers plenty of shopping, restaurants, a marina, public beach and just outside of town is the Skyway Drive-in Theatre. You can walk, bike or rent a Segway. If you like fishing for salmon, walleye, bass, northern pike or the elusive muskie we recommend Silver Strike Fishing charters – https://silverstrikefishing.com/.
Fish Creek Vacation Homes, Cottages & Log Cabin Rentals
- A Riley’s Retreat – 3 bedrms/2 baths- Fish Creek Vacation Home
- Across The Pond – 3 bedrms/2.5 baths – Vacation homes for rent Fish Creek
- Bently’s Place – 3 bedrms/ 2 baths – Door County Vacation rentals
- Blue Cottage – 2 bedrms/1 bath – Door County cottage rental
- Cottage Row on the Rocks – 3 bedrms/2 baths – Wisconsin vacation rentals
- Gibralter House – 2 bedrms/1 bath – Fish Creek vacation house rental
- Log Retreat at Fish Creek – 5 bedrms/4 baths – Door County Log Home Rentals
- The Cottages on Fish Creek – 6+ bedrms/6+ baths – Fish Creek Cottage Rentals